Frequenz is a vibrant technology company developing groundbreaking artificial intelligence solutions that enable the rapid transition towards a decentralized world of energy. Our open source developer platform allows customers to accelerate their path towards 100% renewable energy. We’re helping companies rapidly transition from being passive electricity consumers to becoming fully self-sustaining prosumers, capable of leveraging various renewable energy assets. We empower them to take matters into their own hands as they pursue a better future for us all.
We’re passionate about making the impossible possible by rethinking out-dated processes and questioning the status quo, while turning the electric grid upside down. For us, the edge is the future, and our journey has only just begun. We’re looking for people ready to dive in head first, but be warned: it will be a hardcore ride where each day everyone tells you what we aim to achieve isn't possible. If this challenge doesn’t deter you, then you may be a good fit… after all, saving the planet is no easy feat!
Together with our clients, partners, early adopters, and innovators, we’re developing a global, leading-edge, open source, AI electricity platform. Join us - the planet needs your help!
- Manage, extend, and maintain the Frequenz design system and make sure its being consistently implemented and followed.
- Create a proper documentation of existing components and outline a contribution process to advance the design system.
- Encourage the team to contribute to the design of components and guide and support them to build the system together.
- Plan and run usability tests and synthesize outcomes into actionable insights, concepts, and solutions.
- Create and maintain information architecture with sitemaps, user flows, and component mapping.
- Create wireframes and working Figma prototypes as needed to articulate design direction.
- Create design mockups and maintain style guides with the help of our in-house designers, and brief the development team.
- Proactive engagement and passion in improving and implementing more efficient UX interactions to improve simplicity and speed of execution on our platform.
- Ownership thinking and entrepreneurial spirit to execute projects.
- Challenge the starting definition of a problem, asking why, and clarifying assumptions.
- Collect, process, and act on design feedback constructively.
- Design explorations and solutions which are focused on customer needs, wants, and problems.
- Bring love to the keyboard by creating cutting edge solutions for developers and data-scientists.
- You live and breathe modular design systems thinking; everything is reusable for you.
- You have completed your bachelor or master's degree in arts, human computer interaction, visual design, computer science, or a related area of design research.
- You have some work experience in agencies, startups, relevant internships, or freelance experience.
- You can share an excellent design portfolio showing process and outcomes.
- You have a high IT affinity and very good knowledge of Figma and other related tools such as design system frameworks (Storyboard, etc).
- Some basic coding knowledge.
- You work independently and in a structured manner, and have very good analytical and conceptual skills.
- You have good English skills.
- You are driven by curiosity, a first principles mindset, and design thinking, as well as a natural interest in how AI can support the transition towards renewable energy and sustainability.
At Frequenz you will experience…
- Making a difference towards our world’s sustainability.
- A competitive salary and participation in our virtual share program.
- Remote or hybrid work and flexible working hours.
- Custom hardware and software setup to fit your needs.
- International and diverse work environment.
- Exceptionally dedicated team with no-ego attitude that focuses on the big problems.
How To Apply